Ultra-Clear Surfboard Epoxy
Low viscosity, 2 :1 Ratio, Ultra Clear. Optically Enhanced:
Compatible with all Surfboard Materials:
• Fiberglass, Carbon, Kevlar
• All Fin-Plug Systems
Cured properties demonstrate excellent levels of:
• Impact resistance
• High gloss
All this with low odor and reduced handling hazards
THIS RESIN IS OPTICALLY ENHANCED & UV PROTECTED FOR A NON-YELLOWING ULTRA WHITE FINISH.
How Much resin do I need to laminate my surfboard?
Very generally speaking: About 4 ounces of mixed resin/hardener per ply of glass, per yard of board if you are using 4oz cloth…or 6 ounces of mixed resin/hardener per ply of glass, per yard of board if you are using 6oz cloth..or 10 oz of mixed resin/hardener per ply of glass, per yard of board if you are using 10 oz. cloth. For example: a 9’ board would need about 3Yds x 4oz. mixed resin/hardener = 12 oz. per ply (typically, you use two ply top, one ply bottom), so 36oz. (this is very general rule of thumb, it would be prudent to mix about 25% extra just to be safe.)
This resin system is designed to be mixed at a 2:1 ratio by Weight, not by volume.
1) On a scale with at least 0.1 gram accuracy, put your mixing cup on the scale, TARE the scale to zero. Fill your cup to your desired amount of Resin. Note the weight.
2) TARE the scale again. Add Hardener to 50% the weight of your resin amount. For example: if you filled your Part A with 1,000 grams of resin, add 500 grams of Hardener.
3) Helpful hint: If you can heat Part A (Resin) in a microwave oven for a few seconds to say, baby formula temperature (98°F, 37C) it will make mixing much easier. Do exceed 100°F.
4) Stir gently for 3- 5 MINUTES – Important! Mix well, get every corner of your cup mixed, try not to aerate.
Please Note: Cure times will vary depending on mass and temperature. Exothermic heat will accelerate curing in the cup – BE CAREFUL. Large mass mixes will cure more quickly in the cup whereas curing is decelerated when poured out into thin film. Precise coverage estimates will vary according to many factors, including surface material porosity, contour, desired depth and temperature of the environment.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including STYRENE MONOMER, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information visit: https://www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
ADVERTENCIA: Este producto puede exponerle a qímicos incluyendo STYRENE MONOMER, que es conocido por el Estado de California como causante de cáncer. Para mayor información, visite: https://www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.